Old 03-10-2018, 06:21 PM
mb1685
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Default Current status of AFRC Unsponsored Boards

Does anyone here have current knowledge of the status of the Air Force Reserve Unsponsored UFT Selection Boards (i.e. whether they're still happening and how frequently)? I'd like to apply and I got in touch with a recruiter in my area, but he told me they're not doing unsponsored boards due to a backlog of unsponsored pilot trainees. I'm not sure if he means AFRC isn't doing them at all at the moment or if he means that just this recruiting region specifically has met its quotas (he used the word "we"). I'm guessing the latter since I've recently read about AFRC pilot slots going unfilled. He just went on leave so it will be a while before I hear back from him again.

If the boards are still going on, is there anything that actually prohibits me from working with a recruiter in a different region? I have an Active Duty CSO slot lined up and as a result I've already got a valid MEPS physical, valid flight physical, and my security clearance investigation has been initiated, so I think it would be a pretty painless process for the recruiter even if done remotely (just relinquish my AD slot, have my records transferred to AFRC, do some paperwork, then swear in if selected).