View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 03:39 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Originally Posted by Castle Bravo View Post
Consider staying until 20, here's why:
If you were at 10 or even 15 yrs, I'd say punch, do AGR and apply to the Big 6. But at 17.5, you can stick it out for 2 more years, and then you'll have $50K+ per year for the rest of your life, for just fogging a mirror. My Tricare, for my whole family, is freakin' $47 a MONTH. You can't beat that anywhere. Airlines charge 4, 5, 600 a month for medical. Every month. My annual Tricare bill ain't $600...
13 months prior to retirement, drop your papers, set the earliest retirement date possible, and when you hit terminal leave, you can be in your airline class. I had a buddy that was flying for SWA while on Terminal leave! Once you have a retirement date set 12 mos out, the 365 boogey man can't get you.

It's a high performance problem to have; best of luck however it breaks for you.
^^^^^ This....

plus..... at just 2500 hours you really are in the very bottom of where most the legacy carriers are going to hire from ... not saying there arent exceptions... if you could bang out 500-700 more hours over the next two years.. then if you still cant get hired directly to a legacy spend a year or so at a regional or at an ACMI cargo outfit... then you will be in the sweet spot for your dream job.. AND have 40-50K coming in every year as a bonus.....