View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 AM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

I hesitate to even reply, because you’ve demonstrated a poor attitude toward critiques of your plan, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t.

After reading your posts, it’s clear to me what you will take for granted. You will take yourself for granted. You’ve somehow convinced yourself that by being super prepared, you can completely reduce the risk. You can’t, you can merely mitigate it. The problem is you’ll think you’re superior to everyone else in that regard and that will be your danger area, you won’t have the flexibility to deal with unexpected issues.

What you want to do, fly your family on your own VLJ, has inherent risks. You need to accept that and think of it that way. When you get in the plane with them, you need to think “this is like riding a motorcycle with my kid on the back seat” because that is probably a pretty close approximation to what you’re doing. You need to approach it with that level of honesty.

I have thousands of hours flying GA as a CFI, training students in a T38, flying the F16 and airline time. Yet...I am hesitant to take the kids flying in GA, I’m willing to do it, but it gives me pause. This coming from a parent that plans to let his kids drive old 60’s/70’s cars as their first car (they’re old school).