Thread: Be aware
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:22 PM
flydiamond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by wiggy15 View Post
Sounds like you should go to envoy for less pay, forced upgrades into NYC with 4am RAPs, and a ten year flow. Like you said....grass isn't always greener. To each their own, but I've had great seniority, great pay, great schedules, never been treated badly, and the relationship with the company is solid. The opportunity for resume building is excellent as well. Reserve times are going up but that's because none are properly staffed finally
. Our biggest issue right now is not growing OCC with our pilot groups. 2 hour holds during IROPS are simply unacceptable. The reserve grid needs work, and also the lack of garunteed career progression is a concern, but we have something at least for now. We've made huge gains as a company for the positive the past few years, and I only for see it getting better. That's my two cents, but everyone has different perspectives so to each their own.
I am also in NYC and I agree with this assessment. It seems we’re still much better than the other regionals. The positive space commuting provision is a big help and makes Endeavor a no brainer for anyone within a 1.5 hour flight away with 12+ flight options (Boston, Indy, Raleigh, Charlotte, Cleveland, etc). I’d like to see more commutable 4 and 5 day trips...

The company *has* to do something to assist with the cost / burden of transportation and housing in NYC. They say they’re working on it with a corporate Lyft account but this should have been a prerequisite for the opening of the Codomicile. Additionally, the 2:30 reserve callout window is unreasonable for NYC traffic and the parking situation at the airports (unreliable air train, shuttle, etc)...although it seems rare that they actually give less than 4 hours notice. I think management still has a bit of a Minnesota attitude towards things and does not understand the challenges of being NYC based. They’re out of touch there but the company is still a great place and growing smartly.

And yes, they need more schedulers.