View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:07 AM
austin27
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by BigfootCapo View Post
No offense, but did you not know that the job being offered was in a small town where there is nothing to do? My guess would be you did. So, on some level of professionalism, you do owe your employer something - especially if they have been kind to you. Exactly what that is really comes down to you and what you consider to be professional and acceptable behavior.
You are going through what most of us low time pilots have gone through at the beginning of our careers - accepting the job that is less than perfect in order to boost your career and open more doors. So do that. Stay as long as you within yourself feel is acceptable to repay the favor while keeping your career goals a priority. Once you get a better job offer, kindly notify them, thank them for an opportunity and give them time to find replacement. Then leave and continue your career elsewhere. Good luck
Yeah I kind of did but like I said I was blinded by the opportunity of getting into a jet. I went against my gut feeling.. I started to realize it when I was in training. When the time comes I'll definitely be completely professional and stay until they have a guy finished through training. I'm just financially stuck as well as ethically until I find a way to pay back the money. Thanks for the advice.