View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:15 AM
austin27
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Ok I stopped reading after 10 lines.
Stop crying.
You have absolutely ZERO to complain about. You quit a job that requires the paying back of a bonus ( bad move) and you got onto a Lear.
Many would give their right nut to be in your position.
Man up, put your big boy pants on and sit it out till you at least have your ATP.
These people took a risk to give you an opportunity.
Thousands of pilots suffered through the after effects of 9-11 and 2008.
Be grateful for what you have and don’t F it up.
Alternatively pay back the $5k and give up your seat to somebody who really wants it.
But your resume is gonna suck if it reads Quit Quit Quit
I get and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity and I do not want to burn this company at all that was never my intention. I just feel like this is hurting my career goals to be honest. I could be flying 100 hours a month instructing but now its 30-40 and if the airlines is all seniority why wait to get in when they'll take anyone with the hours. Quality of time doesn't even matter anymore. It would take me about 2 years to get my ATP here and probably about 6 more months if I hadn't quit instructing. I made the wrong move. I'm sorry that I come off whining. Honestly, I'm just angry with myself more then anything for not thinking it through. The life outside of work means more than anything else to me.