View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Bozo the pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by slimothy View Post
For anybody considering making the jump to SWA, I just got my first paycheck in training and from 2 nd year pay at JB, my pay cut was a whopping...wait for it....$12.00 from my March 8 JB Check.

Full disclosure, I was doing 10% contribution to CSPP, so that makes up for half of the roughly 20% hourly cut. Add to that the 8% I no longer have to contribute to my 401k to max out the JB match, and the decrease in union dues from 1.9% to .25% (first year only, goes to 1% thereafter) and I’m breaking even (minus $12). Now add 14% direct contribution to my B fund, and a 0 premium Regular plan health insurance, a 3% raise coming Sept 1, all open time trips paid at 2nd year pay for the first year, and the fact that picking up open time is not taboo when the union isn’t in a labor dispute, and I’m WAY ahead of where I was going to be on 3rd year pay.

I’m certainly not boasting, just providing the info to any junior guys who might be hesitant to go from JB to SWA, as was I. It’s been great so far.

For those who are going to stick it out with JB, best of luck and more power to you!
Nice one- Enjoy the switch to a real airline.