View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 04:54 AM
BunkerF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Even if we get a good contract this place is still JetBlue... It will always be place where pilots are expected to:

1. Clean the aircraft
2. Share the crew room with other work groups
3. Be a part of the worst operation in the industry (dead last for on-time performance)
4. Be at mercy of leadership that has no clear direction
5. Work for a company that always is trying to "reinvent the wheel" with mostly poor results
6. Be a part the "fake" culture that is nothing more than a facade
7. Stay at the subpar airport hotel on a 24 hour caribbean layover
8. Be trained by Sim instructors with zero line expierence

The list can go on for a while but you get the idea.
1. You sure cleaning will be a part of the new CBA? Me either.
2. So what. How much of your life is spent here. This really a go-no go decision for you?
3. Our OTP sucks right now. No doubt about it. Not my problem. And these tend to ebb and flow. We're worst today. Will we stay there? Who knows. Do I give a sh1t? Nope. Not my problem. As long as my check cashes every 8th/20th, I don't care.
4. Ask AA, UA and even SW pilots what they think about their leadership direction. Especially during labor disputes. You think you'll hear much different than you do with JB? Doubt it.
5. The only reason this ****es me off is because they try and say they can't afford our contract requests, which we all know is BS. If our salary and PS isn't affected with our new CBA, that's white noise I couldn't care less about.
6. Who gives a F about what the culture the company is trying to peddle? Seriously? I go to work. I fly. I go home. Everything else is complete BS and crap I couldn't care about any less.
7. Hotel standards are already TAd. You don't think the quality will improve from what we have now? Seriously? Or are you just trying to come up with reasons to stay mad.
8. Pretty sure JB isn't the only company that does this.

So yeah, I disagree that "This will always be a place pilots are expected to" premise.