View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:23 PM
The Ocho Libre
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by vilcas View Post
I can tell from this comment that you are new to the industry, welcome. This isn't about foresight, its about judgement. I was only pointing out that observations made during rapidly changing conditions should be taken with a grain of salt. What the aircraft behind you will do should not be part of your decision making process. Be safe and do the best to get as much information before making the decision. Things don't feel right don't do it. RCAM is not absolute. There are countless examples of reported conditions being different than encountered.
Been in the industry plenty long. That comment alone proves my point about people like you. You think you know everything.

You seem to have some extra skill to avoid anything ever happening to you and thank you so much for sharing your incredible knowledge about changing runway conditions during snowfall. Clearly you are better than anyone else at aviating and we are lucky to have you out there and here on the forum, to keep us in check.

I just have to know what it is that should have made this crew feel that "things don't feel right" and divert? They have a legal RVR, runway 555, just like I'm sure they've seen where we fly at least dozens of times. Aircraft departing and arriving ALL day. What is this 6th sense you have that we can utilize to make sure this never happens again in the industry? Should we all divert if its 555 but snowing?

Every year a couple crews get bit by this at various airlines. I'm sure you can so please help out.

Last edited by The Ocho Libre; 04-11-2018 at 12:43 PM.