View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 AM
B757200ER
AAmerican Way for AA Pay

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot

Originally Posted by S3toHerk View Post
This is all rumor and not insider information, but...

Also, DAL did the last Air Inc conference in D.C., but wasn't happy with the service that Air Inc provided. It can be uncomfortable for a pilot who works for other companies that are present (ie jetBlue, Airtran), to meet and greet with DAL at AirInc. (BTW, there was 1 jetBlue and 1 Airtran pilot in my new hire class.)

DAL is considering holding it's own job fair with some of the other majors to avoid these problems.
I doubt if that's true. I've been to many Air,Inc job fairs, when I was with a major, and nobody cared who you were talking to. I've seen many pilots talking with majors who were right next to the booth of their current airline, with the guy who actually hired them present, but noone faults a pilot for trying to get a better job or the right job. If DAL doesn't want the quality applicants who show up at AIR,Inc fairs, then they can do their own. Personally, if I was looking to get on with a major, going to a job fair with 15-20 airlines present is where I'd want to go, not some 'open house' at one airline.