Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:17 PM
griff312
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
To say the very least. You have no idea what the PPs have been through. A bankruptcy, $25/hr starting pay, 2 concessionary contracts, having planes sent away to other carriers, threat of shutting the airline down and being on the street without a job, 8 year upgrade, endless rsv, no commuter hotels, etc....Some of you entitled new guys that think they're owed the world aren't going to get a lot of sympathy. Not that I think taking the flow away for post-PPs is okay, and frankly it's not even close to being something of reality. And you do realize that even if something happened and only the PPs got more flow, that translates to quicker flow for everyone downstream.
Amen...! Don't forget paying the taxes for the D2 flights you commuted on!
We were FO's, the 49% minority at the time, so while the 'then' captains took less of a hit, those of us hired between 2010 and 2014 (then FO's) got hit especially hard. Now we're CA's, and once again find ourselves the forgotten minority, as over half the pilot group has been hired in the past 2 years. We stayed and kept this place afloat during draconian times, while Jerry Glass ran half the pilot group off. Now they want to rebuild, but there's no reward for the 2010 - 2014 hires that are still here. The only thing holding those here, is patiently waiting on thier 9 year flow.
I don't think the newer guys are 'entitled' per say. They just have a whole different set of concerns than we did between 2011 and 2015.
It's definitely a different (and brighter) picture here now, then there was 5 years ago. I don't wish anyone to have to go through what we did during the BK and merger days. But I believe that those of us that survived those times and navigated this ship through those storms definitely deserve to be treated and respected honorably by the company. (I.e. honor the flow through agreement, move us past the post BK and post merger contracts and bring us QOL on par w/ the rest of the industry, stop persecuting us for Add Fuel, sick calls, ect...)