View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Fdxlag2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
With the exception of the A-300, I've flown all the aircraft currently operated by FedEx in one life or another. Not once in all my time on those various jets have I wished I had a personal noise cancelling headset or could spend the flight talking to the other guy on the intercom. I don't have difficulty communicating in the cockpit and rarely encounter someone else who does either. The ship headsets work just fine, IMO.

Above 18, I use the outboard ear on technique flying under radar control outside the US. Domestic above 18, I'm on speaker. I think some of your guys just like your toys. That's fine. If you have hearing issues, then I guess you need to do what makes the situation better. But, using the intercom to talk to each other is absolutely unnecessary. We're not flying RJs with those giant green David Clark's.
Just another perspective - we're not all out there wishing for something different.
I wonder how they are handling the double catering for three guys on the trip to VCP, certainly they aren’t running the J69 powered chiller for 11 hours.