View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:09 AM
DSflyer05
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Gulfstream 4SP & 5
Default Junior ANC schedules

Hello everybody. I’m sure that’s has been covered 100 times (or more) but I had a few questions regarding the ANC crew base.

1. With all the movement in the 747 fleet is it most likely that a new hire around 35 years old would get ANC right out of school?

2. How would the schedule be for a new hire based in ANC who lives in the PHL area and would commute? How many commutes could I expect in a bid period.

3. How realistic is it to move your schedule around to block a lot of your trips together to cut down on the commuting?

4. How many days in a bid period can a new hire expect to be away from home? I know reserve is basically maxed at 14 days, but i also read that reserve goes pretty senior in ANC, so for a new hire line how many days can I expect to be away from home.

5. I’m 35 years old and currently a 91 guy flying a G550 for a major corporation, I average being away from home about 13 - 15 days a month, and approx 120 over nights a year. And my total compensation is around 225-230 yearly (not including retirement) so I’m curious if you guys think it’s worth making the jump or not?

Thanks for advance for the input. Fly safe.

DSF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk