Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 AM
MostlyHarmless
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

As soon as you have access to Lair, find the Flight Standardization Manual. Read/learn/know/love it. Among other things, it details how to fly all the maneuvers for the checkride. (You can skip the bit at the end where it tells you where to park at different airports.) Learn the flows- all of the flows. As PIC your checkride will be single pilot, meaning you have to do everything. PIC, SIC, PF, and PM tasks all have to be done by you, in some semblance of order. Because Boutique doesn't bother to put out single pilot flows, you have to figure out/make up the procedures yourself- and you don't want to be doing that as you're flying the checkride. Unfortunately, Boutique doesn't really do a good job preparing street captains for single pilot ops- your instructors are pretty well going to teach you the same way they're teaching the FO's (who have a much easier ride awaiting them).

Ah, CTS- good that you finished ahead of time. There will be a couple of suckers who arrive at training without having finished. Ridicule them. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and forget the overwater section and the epic survival section- although I will say that since I started cooking with dried lichens, my sauces and stews are delightful.