View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:43 AM
sherpster
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post
OK. This place has problems, but let's not venture into the realm of the ridiculous.

1. There can be a worse place. One of my classmates came from one.

2. The furlough threat hasn't been heard in months, and we all knew it was ridiculous to begin with. The company has been actively hiring since the first of the year. There was a recent threat to displace captains which was quickly shut down by higher authority along with a directive to hire more.

3. It would be great if there was more flying, but we wouldn't be doing a lot of junior manning if there wasn't would we? I just did 19 days on reserve (17 plus an XRD and JRM) with only two R1s, and I've flown more than 500 hours in the last 12 months.

4. I spent a solid 11 months on reserve after IOE. Got a line month 12. Back on reserve this month, and a line next month. A couple of my classmates, when bidding less selectively than me, have had lines more frequently.

5. True, there have been no upgrades since January of last year. Further upgrades will depend on maintaining at least the current level of flying or better as retirements continue.

6. I'll be sure to let Bonnie know you don't like her cooking. Yes, the menu tends to be limited and not always fantastic, but her soups are pretty darn good.

7. Highly unlikely you will ever do 17 straight R1s. Some do more than others, and some locals actually bid them.

There are enough problems and reasons not to come here now without exaggerating.
Dont listen to this dude above, ABX is a loser company with no future as long as Soapy is there. Period.