Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 05:30 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Default Info on ABX job prior to interview

Ok I have an interview with ABX what do I need to know? I get it's a cargo carrier coming back again.
I worked for Evergreen.
and a defunct major.
What is schedule like?
Pay like?
Are you based in Wilmington?
What are you paying for our of pocket? Hotels,per diem
Thanks for info
CaldwellGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:35 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellGunner View Post
Ok I have an interview with ABX what do I need to know? I get it's a cargo carrier coming back again.

I worked for Evergreen.

and a defunct major.

What is schedule like?

Pay like?

Are you based in Wilmington?

What are you paying for our of pocket? Hotels,per diem

Thanks for info


I used to work there but not as a pilot. Although I worked in the flight department so I picked up on quite a bit.

Schedule can be variable. Others may be able to provide a better insight on that. I hear you can be junior manned quite a bit.

Pay: 45k/first year

Based in CVG

You have to pay for hotel during training


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Av8er1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Posts: 896
Default

Dear clueless, go to some of the ABX threads because thereís a wealth of information listed there. On the upside: if you can fog a mirror you can get hired, Soapy and gang destroyed any attraction for quality candidates.
motorclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:37 AM   #4  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Default Thanks for iinsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er1550 View Post
I used to work there but not as a pilot. Although I worked in the flight department so I picked up on quite a bit.

Schedule can be variable. Others may be able to provide a better insight on that. I hear you can be junior manned quite a bit.

Pay: 45k/first year

Based in CVG

You have to pay for hotel during training


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for info seems like some disgruntled types think they know about it i appreciate your reply
CaldwellGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #5  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Default From clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorclutch View Post
Dear clueless, go to some of the ABX threads because thereís a wealth of information listed there. On the upside: if you can fog a mirror you can get hired, Soapy and gang destroyed any attraction for quality candidates.
From clueless... thanks I saw your previous post but disregarded it. There seems to be a doug downer at every company I wanted others opinions
CaldwellGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BluePAX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellGunner View Post
From clueless... thanks I saw your previous post but disregarded it. There seems to be a doug downer at every company I wanted others opinions
To be fair, he isnt the only one. Donít disregard everything in those threads as salty employees looking to vent. Just because you have an interview doesnít mean you have to ignore sentiment.

Having looked at all those threads and knowing folks employed there, if I were in your shoes I wouldnít take less than Kalitta, but thatís just me.
BluePAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: B767 Capt.
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePAX View Post
To be fair, he isnt the only one. Donít disregard everything in those threads as salty employees looking to vent. Just because you have an interview doesnít mean you have to ignore sentiment.

Having looked at all those threads and knowing folks employed there, if I were in your shoes I wouldnít take less than Kalitta, but thatís just me.
Do not ignore the advice. If you do decide to come, do it with your eyes wide open. Donít complain after you get hired. You were forewarned.

Like BluePax said; Kalitta is a better choice now. Donít know ignore it.
gumpscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:16 AM   #8  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePAX View Post
To be fair, he isnt the only one. Donít disregard everything in those threads as salty employees looking to vent. Just because you have an interview doesnít mean you have to ignore sentiment.

Having looked at all those threads and knowing folks employed there, if I were in your shoes I wouldnít take less than Kalitta, but thatís just me.
Thank you for your response. I get it. Having been stuck in the corporate jet world i never thought of Kalitta. They were the bottom
of the barrel when I was at Evergreen. Thanks for the info. Just looking to fly bigger equipment again.
CaldwellGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: B767 Capt.
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaldwellGunner View Post
Thank you for your response. I get it. Having been stuck in the corporate jet world i never thought of Kalitta. They were the bottom
of the barrel when I was at Evergreen. Thanks for the info. Just looking to fly bigger equipment again.
This is a new world. K4 is top dog.
gumpscheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:14 AM   #10  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpscheck View Post
This is a new world. K4 is top dog.
Thanks for your input
CaldwellGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply

Tags
abx, cargo, interview, new hire
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Air Hiring 1st Supersonic Hiring News 17596 07-02-2019 03:48 PM
ABX Air Interview Manny Cargo 35 02-11-2012 11:59 AM
SkyWest Interview Info LIOG41 Regional 13 02-20-2007 05:40 PM
Corporate job or UPS Interview? GoddardRocket Corporate 19 09-28-2006 09:15 AM
ABX purchases 767-200 from DAL Freighter Captain Cargo 0 08-03-2005 04:47 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:13 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1