View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 05:19 AM
FlytheSky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Haha fun question

1. Never say 'disregard' when the VTA chimes on a vnav climb and you're in green flch. I will throw biscoff cookies at you

2. Don't bug FAs for in flight meals 30 minutes into the flight or they will roll their eyes and so will I

3. Don't land better than me on day 1 or I will start quizzing you on memory items and limitations while you're trying to hand fly on your next approach.

4. Dont do 10 minute 'briefs' on the IRNMN into lax. Oh and it's called the (irna-mirna), if you make the approach brief a state of the union address, I will debrief you starting with your takeoff, especially if you have a commute to catch

I'll think of more stuff.

Dude main thing, show up humble ready to learn and have fun
I definitely say "disregard" whenever the VTA sounds and I'm in a green FLCH climb after ATC told us to climb unrestricted. Although no FO has thrown Biscoff cookies at me for saying it...

If the FO greases it on during their first landing of a multiple day trip, I take this as the gauntlet being thrown down and show them what a REAL greaser is because how will they ever respect my authoritay if they get the impression they're a better pilot than me?

In all seriousness, though, attitude is everything. Give me a pilot who has a great attitude but makes me wonder how they passed their LOE long before you give me Chuck Yeager with a chip on his shoulder. I've absolutely loved flying with all the new FOs I've worked with. You guys (and gals) are the real MVP.