View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by digdawgtex View Post
I recently applied to Spirit and have been getting caught up on all the killer info on here. Looking to get some accurate up to date info on their training program hopefully from some Spirit guys with my similar background. It appears based on many posts that a lot of pilots are having trouble with it especially non 121 guys. It will be my first 121 job. I’ve been flying 135 charter for more than a decade with PCs every 6 months in midsize jets and have never had any issues what so ever. I’m quite certain that you don’t fill out a course critique evaluation after 121 training, lol. Obviously you are not clients anymore paying they’re salaries. However, is it really that much different? U take it seriously, study, and do what your told. Or is it just so compressed that they have higher expectations from the get go? Looking for quality insight on here. No problems with my PRIA and don’t want any!
I'm from the same background and you will struggle with the airline procedures. Instead of two guys and a jet with coffee/ice/paper you have to learn the cadence in dealing with the fueler, the bags, the flight attendants, and the gate agent. Spirit has a specific flow that you'll have to follow. IIRC it's 5-6 pages of procedures plus the cockpit setup, preflight for CA and FO, and the DIFSRIPP on the MCDU. It isn't impossible but it is a challenge.

Know your flows cold in your sleep forwards and backwards on day one. Also plan to grab a bite to eat and decompress a bit after class and then get back into the books until bedtime. You'll be able to take a day or two to relax at the beach and have a beer or two but it isn't the FS, CAE, Simcom that you're used to. You will have to work harder than your prior 121 peers but there are a lot of us here that are on our first airline.

Good luck and we hope to see you online soon.