View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:39 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

^^ good summary. I say the hardest part I’ve heard from the 135 guys I’ve flown with is just getting off the gate. We don’t show up two hours in advance and wait around all day. Well sometimes we do but not by choice. Once you get off the gate it’s exactly what you’ve been doing if you use flows and and checklists and standardization where you currently work. It’s just more compressed and if you think you’re done for the day when class lets out you’re doing it wrong. All in if it’s not an off day, most days are about 14hrs of class and hotel study. Work with your partner and small groups at the hotel. I find larger groups to be unproductive but that’s me. Go it alone or go home everyday if you live locally to training and you are setting yourself up for failure.

I think the program could use some help and some (most) of the instructors are great. I had a great one and was lucky to have him the entire training cycle which I understand can be rare now. I’m not sure id have made it if I had another instructor some guys in my class had.

Work hard and it’s plenty doable.

When you get on the line the hardest part will be navigating on the ground a lot of the airports your 121 peers have been operating in and out of for years. That’s minor though so don’t sweat it.