View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
hyperone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777 Capt

Originally Posted by MD11Fr8Dog View Post
I picked up a fz trip a couple months ago, right before it got frozen. It was one of the earthquake relief flights to Lima, Peru. I was then notified I was assigned by mistake and taken off and offered sub or CMU since it was non-rev trip. I now have a nice little CMU bank with 24 CHs in it! It was subsequently filled by mgmnt pilots.
MD11Fr8Dog, how did they get away with bumping you off without compensation? Did you get a copy of the trip assignment with your name on it? If so, I'd grieve the fact you were assigned the trip, and the company didn't comply with 4.F.1 below:

SECTION 4
MINIMUM GUARANTEES AND OTHER PAY PROVISIONS
F. Trip Guarantee
1. A pilot's trip guarantee shall be the scheduled credit hour (SCH) value of the trip when the trip is awarded/assigned to the pilot (e.g., bid award, trip trade, open time assignment) or when the pilot blocks out on the trip, whichever is greater.

If your name's on the trip, it's yours. If they take you off of it because of their mistake, they still must pay you. At least that's my read of the contract. I'd definitely get contact enforcement involved, though.