View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:42 AM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by queue View Post
Stick and carrot is not the proper analogy as we have no carrot to give. We are not in the position to offer it. Only the employer is. This is more like the Mongoose vs. the Cobra. BJ is the cobra. Both can kill each other but Riki Tiki can win any given day but only if he fights. Right now we're turning our back to the cobra.

It's not over until the TA is signed and enacted. Remember that even with a contract, someone has to police BJ for infractions, which they will undoubtedly commit. In my opinion, every infraction ought to be met with immediate accountability within contract law.

Goodwill is only for fools who know nothing about corporations or law.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.
We do have carrots to give. Our ability to go beyond the scope of our PEA duties in order to smooth out day to day ops, and engage the customers (ie standups) among other things. Notice I didnt mention cleaning.

I look at DAL as the model we should be emulating. DAL has buy in from its pilots. It has purchased this good will with consistent industry leading pay and benefits.

No doubt those guys hold the company to account with CBA violations, and even *gasp* vote down unacceptable TAs.

They also do stand ups, single engine taxi, pickup open time (for double pay) and go the extra mile to get the metal moving.

Its a balance.