Thread: What am I doing wrong?

jcountry , 05-14-2018 12:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off
jcountry
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2014
Quote: No personal dog in the fight, since I'm retiring soon and not applying anywhere, but can someone show me these "diversity boxes" people check on applications to move to the front of the line? Because after decades in this business and many airlines, I've never seen one.

Quit making excuses for why you didn't get hired/interviewed.
You said it yourself.

You are retiring soon.

You didn’t come up in our era, so you probably have different circles of coworkers and acquaintances.

Many (not all) of the minorities I know have advanced to legacies much more quickly. All my WASPy friends were at military/regional jobs for about ten years before hitting a legacy.

I have a hard time remembering many minorities who even put in three years in the coal mines of regionals. I can think of a couple who got snatched up in their first year.

I even know of a couple of women who were hired at you-know-exactly-where in the late 80s or early 90s who only had a brand new commercial pilot certificate. Right from a Cessna or piper to a Boeing.

Don’t go and try to tell anyone it’s a level playing field. It certainly isn’t.

The reason fewer minorities are represented is because far fewer are pilots. The ones who are usually have a golden career at their disposal.

There most certainly is preferential hiring going on.