View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
sigep_nm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Currently I'm a first officer at Colgan, I have been offered a street captain position at mesaba. I'm tentatively scheduled to upgrade at colgan in FEB. Is it better to go to mesaba and starting getting some PIC and be on reserve and doing standup overnights, or stay at Colgan and wait 2 to 4 months to upgrade but have seniority? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Unless you have a serious desire to sit reserve in DTW or MEM for the next 3 years, you would be best suited to stay at Colgan. There are many people at XJ waiting to upgrade after the holiday season. You would be coming in at the tail end of the hiring here, with a seniority number of at least 850. Numbers 540 and above have been at the company since at least 2004, and there is a quite a few that have not upgraded for multiple reasons, but none that I am aware of that cant upgrade. There are at least 55 FO's in MSP that can upgrade, but some may be holding out for the 200 or 900. I dont fly out of DTW so I dont know the situation there, but that is a run down of what you can expect to be bumping you down each month during the bid.
Good luck with your decision