View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:48 AM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by cabotage View Post
The rule is either you self release (HI3 & HI6), *OR* you wait 15 minutes - whichever comes first releases you.

So, it matters if they know you checked your schedule and mail to self release (whether it be via screenshot submitted in a grievance or the company "seeing" that you checked it). I have no clue which apps the company can and cannot see - but as mentioned before, screenshot it so that you are the one holding the evidence that you were properly released if you ignore a phone call before 15 mins have passed.

Please no one add anything else on how to get released after a flight unless you back it up with a contract.
To me, it's easier to do on MobileFOS because it's one screenshot to show that both have been checked.
Sorry but the "15 minute" rule is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Stop telling other people about it. It will get you in trouble.

The so called "15 minute" rule doesn't exist. It's simply a part 117 time line of when rest can start after a flight. It's not contractual or a valid way to be released from duty.

Also, how do you know if you don't have anymore flying if you haven't checked your hi3????

Also, let's say you block in a CS starts calling your phone and leave a voicemail for additional flying. After the call you check your hi3 and nothing is on there you are still released. NOTHING in our contract or FM1 says you have to have a cellphone while flying a trip.