Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 PM
ENH017
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
The bolded part is the biggest issue I have with the forced upgrades. Hired under the pretense of $20K in retention bonuses over two years but no way in hell of actually collecting that. :-\

BTW, I never came here with the intent of staying an FO long enough to get all that so I don't see this issue as pertaining to me but damn, I do see it as a one hell of a bait and switch. The fact the wording makes it such that you don't even start receiving it until months after your first year, making you have even less of an opportunity to collect on the payments, just makes it worse (and that part does affect me).
The bonus was added back when upgrades were still multiple years, but I'm glad they're still around regardless of upgrade time (higher pay rates would be favored, of course..).

I had similar gripes about the forced upgrade in regard to the bonuses but the latest change to start captain pay once you're awarded the seat does a pretty good job of relieving that. Still sh*tty for the 800+ guys who don't get to control their upgrade but the pill's easier to swallow now.