Gets Weekends Off
StartngOvr
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2014
  • Position
    Drivin’ the bus
Quote: That might have something to do with it, but I also think it is primarily because of the nature of that operation. Augmented crew, 4 leg requirements for OE completion, ZERO domestic to help accomplish that. That is why I think the C series will be different. They have a lot of LCPs to train, and nothing but domestic. The only reason they will need 2 rotations for OE completion is because of time, and not landings. I am not saying there will be no GSs. Not at all. Initially there will be quite a few but it won't be anywhere near the gravy train the 350 is. Also remember that when comparing it to the 717, we got a bunch of those airplanes straight away, so manning was way down from the get go. They will be able to train to the rate of airplane deliveries here. Now THAT being said, the assumption is that they recognize that and plan accordingly.

Hey, it's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Yes. They are different. The unique factors on the 350 can't possibly have been unforeseen.....could they?

I wonder if they could have debuted the airplane on, for example, JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO for the summer. They could have marketed the product to more high value customers and utilized the two pilot domestic legs to increase IOE throughput.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro