View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Aero1900
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA

Originally Posted by FlyingR6 View Post
This is "sell job" language.

I don't think you meant to be like that, but this is prime example of how to lower expectations. I do understand the gravity of getting such a large raise in the eyes of the NMB and so forth, but were SO far behind, it's going to take the biggest raise ever to get on the street that has the ball park on it.

As soon as I hear this phrase from someone at a road show, I'm just going to assume they caved, and move on to the next topic.
I totally get why you would say that. But I am not trying to sell the contract that we don't even have yet. I've been arguing to not vote until we have something to vote on.

What i was trying to say, is that this contract was always going to be a very tough fight. We are asking for some of the biggest pay raises ever. . ..... And we absolutely deserve it!

This will be a tough fight, but I believe in our NC and their plan. We need to trust them and let them push us through the process. Upping our ask would backfire. They are trying to get us released. We can't sabotage our position by upping the ask. The NC has a plan. It's just a long, tough fight.