View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM
cloudwarrior
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Fighting the Good fight

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
You obviously are entitled to vote the way you want, and are welcome to vent frustration here. However, I think this attitude isn't helpful. And as I've said many times, don't vote until you have something to vote on.

The NC has a plan. They have a plan and have stuck to it. Everyone knew that negotiating big raises with Indigo was going to be exceptionally difficult. This is likely the most difficult negotiation possible; asking for truly huge raises and asking for them from a management team that seems to only have 1 goal, low cost. This is going to be hard. The NC knows this, and they had a plan of attack. The plan was to ask for a completely reasonable contract and push thru the RLA process as quickly as possible. Remember, we got a mediator faster than probably anyone ever has. We have followed every rule, been a perfectly behaved pilot group and the NC has asked for average across the board. The goal is to get a deal or get released.

If you think we can up our ask and get released, you are wrong. We are doing everything right to get released. The process is long and painful, but we are doing all the right things. If the NC upps the ask now, we will lose the chance to get released. Plain and simple.

I believe we will come thru this process with one of the largest raises in history. Don't start shooting it down now. We need to stay smart, stay clean and let the union push us thru the RLA process.

Attend a road show. The union isn't going to present us a TA until it's worth accepting. I understand people are upset by what they have seen, but no one has seen the full picture. We are going to keep hard line bidding and not go PBS. That's worth a fair amount, right? Don't vote yet.
100% right on.