View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 09:27 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Hilltopper89 View Post
I’d be willing to bet you are in the vast minority. The junior guy isn’t asking him to bump anybody. He’s asking a fellow pilot to help him get to work. And I’ve never asked...I just hope they have the sense to do it on their own. Somehow you think this comes down to junior pilots thinking they’re better than everybody else? Jeez. I guess I’m done here then. So how do you feel about senior guys with a PS seat who take the Jumpseat to help the gate agent out when there are guys listed for the JS? Cuz I’ve seen this as well.
If you’re reading this thread, and are giving up your PS seat to ride the JS to “help” you are creating an expectation and abrogating a negotiated benefit in the UPA and damaging the QOL of all of us.

I recently had this happen to me. Missed my commute because a PS0 was willing to take the JS in order to “help” the gate agent and screwed me out of my ride to work. The turn around on my PDR was minutes. The gate agent was getting a thrashing from ORD within 5 minutes of me filing (I was still there), and the offending pilot had prostan and the PDR guys calling him as soon as they blocked in.

Do not do this.