Old 06-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by F15andMD11 View Post
WHAT?! I just threw up in my mouth. God no! Since DL stopped hiring the only airline that cares is FedEx. They’re one in same when it comes to hiring.
It’s water under the bridge. Just bring your flt records, look sharp and answer the questions. When asked if you knocked up the admiral’s daughter, you say...no!
My airline didn’t ask for OPRS (fitreps).
Without knowing the nature of the offense and characterization of discharge going to a regional with a flow while applying to the majors (if not picked up off active duty) isn’t a terrible backup plan.

There are plenty of places that will accept “misconduct” on the record from a military applicant, however not all are places someone may want spend a lifetime after leaving active duty.

Ideally it won’t be an issue applying to the majors, but if it ends up being a contributing factor why someone doesn’t get picked up directly off active duty to a major, they’re going to want to have a backup plan that puts them on a path to get to the majors eventually.

AA Wholly Owneds do that, and accept folks who are discharged with better than an OTH.

The OP probably has a good reason to consult an airline interview prep company to give them the full details and get a read on the situation to help develope a plan that will put them where they want to be in the long run...