Thread: 2 year contract extension?

AUpilot1 , 06-12-2018 06:14 AM
Line Holder
AUpilot1
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2014
Quote: I don’t think you get it. Senior guys will still have senior trips. It’s not just slash trips. Lots of 18-19 hour four days out there as well.

Look at other airlines. United EWR 737 Has about 50% 4 days, little to no 5 days, turns for senior guys, and two days and three days. Many 4 days worth 25+. At AA the majority seem to be 20-22 hours right now without the rig.

I live in base and am fine with 4-5 day trips as long as I fly my butt off.

I recommend you read AW posts on his research in CNR.

I personally know a UAL 777 Capt (ex CAL) who did 9 hr day trips out of EWR. As soon as they merged with UAL and they got 5hr ACD they went away. He was so ****ed that everyone was so concerned about getting exactly 5hrs per day. The only way he could keep his QOL was going from the 737 to the 777. He had no interest in flying the 777.

I’ll bet ya that those 5 day trips will pay exactly 26:15. I guess we will see. If you ask APA or the company.... I they will both tell you we are going to have around 20% 5 day trips in some categories. I don’t know why you are so hell bent on fixing a problem that isn’t really a problem for 90% of our pilots.