Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 09:57 AM
MostlyHarmless
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by mtf0011 View Post
I recently spoke to a gal thats at btq. she told told me she was hired at 440TT but that she had heard that 300TT was the bare minimum "for insurance reasons." I'm at 280 right now. Think I'm gonna wait till i hit 300 to apply.
Guys, get some more hours.

Not to be discouraging- there's nothing wrong with being enthusiastic, and you're likely not doing any damage by applying early. But they're not going to talk seriously to you until you have at least 400-500hrs. Even if they did, you seriously don't want to be the guy in training with half the hours of the next least experienced pilot. And you are really not ready to be in the cockpit of a 5 ton turboprop in the middle of a winter storm at night flying into some small, ****ty uncontrolled field carrying ice, near mins, and next to a captain with barely more than 1200hrs.

There's a huge difference between a 300hr pilot and a 500hr pilot. Even more with an 800hr pilot. The company knows this. Sure, you might get through training with 300hrs- people have done it. But it's a poor bet.

In my time with the company, I don't think I met a single pilot for whom Boutique was their first job in aviation. The company doesn't like to hire pilots who haven't had another flying job first- with good reason. Please do yourselves a favor- get CFI and a few hundred hours teaching, fly some powerlines, tow some banners, fly a meatbomber. Try for Boutique as your second (or third) flying job.