Thread: Contract 2019
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 AM
Boeing Aviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by Sunvox View Post
I have communicated directly with our MEC Chair, and I attended "Charm School" in February where our CEO answered questions and spoke to us directly. Both our MEC Chair and our CEO said point blank to expect a contract early. They also said expect a pay raise but few other changes.
Just one example of an area in the contract that is sorely in need of huge improvement.

Current Delta LTD - 50% No Cap - 32% B plan contributions

Current Spirit LTD - 15K Cap

Jetblue AIP LTD - 12.5K Cap (might not be exact but close)

SWA LTD - Around 12.5K Cap

United LTD 8K Cap - $500 a month more then CAL negotiated 20 years ago.

We have leverage. Management is in a box. Tremendous pressure from Wall Street, BOD, Stockholders to make good on there growth plan being successful and most importantly to close the gap between DAL & AA and us and they don’t have a lot of time to make it happen or they are history.

Right now UAL has less 70/76 seaters then DAL & AA. UAL is approx 150 & 230 less mainline narrow bodies then DAL & AA respectively. The most profitable part of Legacy flying today is domestic.

The company needs more 70/76 seaters to compete with DAL & AA and the only way they are getting them is if mainline UAL pilots are flying them. Plus that’s a good proactive step towards the massive impending pilot shortage at the Legacies in 3 to 5 years down the road.

Better be improvements in several areas beyond LTD too.

We have leverage and we have management in a box. My two cents 50/50 chance of TA in next year.