Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2008
  • Position
    Kickin’ Back
Quote: Denny,

Get ready for a proposal to reduce the 16% to fund some kind of retirement vehicle.

Just a hunch, and I hope I am wrong.

Let's see, trade actual $$$ in our name today for a promise of future payments.

What could possibly go wrong?

I support our MEC and want them to succeed but hope they don't go down this road.

Scoop
Scoop,

Where are you hearing this? I peruse pretty much all the stuff the Union puts out and don’t remember reading anything close to sacrificing a DC percentage. It’s always been “in addition to” type language such as at FedEx.

I don’t think a “new DB” is the way to go either. Thought I remember reading something awhile ago that there are ramifications to PBGC benefits from the DB we already lost if a secondary company DB goes the way of the dodo.

There has just been waaaaaay too much negativity from younger guys who aren’t even willing to consider some avenue to increase retirement benefits other than an increase in DC. My opinion, they need to expand their time horizon and consider what has happened in the past. “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” I don’t remember who said it but it is very apropos for any generation.

I really think we need to give Dalpa the opportunity to consider other means of funding our retirement in addition to the DC. I think diversity of income in retirement is a good thing...

Denny