View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Bozo the pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Why wouldn’t I go to a roadshow? Just because I can identify deficiencies in bullet points and discuss them doesn’t negate my desire (or duty) to go to a roadshow, or read the full thing, or at least most sections, several times before I vote. Let me ask you this. How involved are you with this process? Are you a P2P guy? Have you talked to the NC for hours asking questions on the phone and in person at union meetings? I have. And just because many of us can identify and discuss weak areas doesn’t mean we are auto no votes.

You keep touting this “go to a roadshow and read the full TA” to anyone who says anything negative about the TA. Are you implying that with the 3 page bullet points, 18 page bullet points, implementation bullet points, and updated CCG, you can’t see about 95% of where this contract lies in its totality, and enough to debate the pros and cons? There won’t be anything cosmic in the full language or at roadshows. The majority of the details are out. The hundreds of other pages will expand on the bullet points, but most likely won’t make them any better or add value. They are vitally important, because loose language is where the company can exploit us, but don’t count on 200-300 pages of language adding any value to this TA over what the bullet points list. Yes, go to a road show and read all of the TA. But thinking either will magically make this TA any better is crazy.

5 members of the MEC who read the whole thing, spent quality time with the NC and other ALPA SMEs, voted no. That’s significant.
I havent seen one positive post from you so Yes, you sound like an Auto-no.
I have indeed spent hours talking to the mec about the sections that I find the most important.
Where I feel this TA has value is in section 25, which is difficult to understand even after talking ad nauseam with a rep.
So while I agree, on its face the contract appears unimpressive, you are not weighing it in totality. Its not magic, its math and qol Navy.
I presume youve been around the block as have I; have an open mind.
You sound like yours is closed.
To your last point, ask a rep why 2 of the 5 voted no- And then let us know why. It wasnt on the TA.
Ya wanna argue implementation? Im with ya.