View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 AM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
You’re right- scope is above average .
You’ve heard of Envoy Pinnacle and SkyWest? They fly planes with AA/DAL and UAL painted on the tail. Won’t happen here.
I know you either don’t want to see it or don’t understand them, but where in section 25/pairing construction do you see anything less than Standard? Point out the above standard stuff too- just to keep you honest.
Pay could be higher, I agree.
Now address Scope and Work rules directly and then we’ll move to health care and profit sharing- where I’m sure you’ll be delighted to point out shortcomings.

I started a whole thread on scope, but OK.

Scope.

Name one major airline that allows unlimited code sharing on domestic routes with zero provisions on the size of the aircraft. Because as long as we grow 3% this year, that is allowed in our contract. The only restriction is between FOCUS CITIES. That means only a handful of routes are off limits for outsourcing. That isn't industry standard.

Work rules.
This is a doozie.

Reserve is sub standard. From reading the other groups we mirror AA. (Reach for the stars fellaz.) DAL, UAL have LCR as standard with varying provisions for transfer to SCL and the opportunity for more pay. In general, the senior 25% of our reserve pilots will get a watered down version of what all pilots at DAL have. The rest get a cost-neutral, slightly tweaked version of our terrible current rules.

Pairing construction. Honestly no real gripes, but one. Where is there language to prevent the company from nesting 10hr 3 day trips in a 4 or 5 day pairing with a soul crushing first day? That being said, I don't see our trips changing. Our trip construction isn't that bad here with the exception of pay on those 30 hour sits.

Commuter Policy.

Sounds good. Good stuff. Get to the end aaaaand.... "Repeated mis-commutes may be considered in evaluations of a commuting pilot’s overall dependability." So, basically even if you follow the policy you can be disciplined. Yup Industry Standard. Did I mention the dependability policy is still in effect?

Sick call.
The company can force you to see a doctor in order to disqualify you. If you call out you fall under the current dependability policy. Hmmm, wonder what this language looks like at DAL...

Pass travel.
No you can't sit in first class while jumpseating. Yes you must clean the plane. I mean, name a single REGIONAL with language that bad. NAME ONE.

Crew meals.
SNACK BOXES!!!! YHGTBFSM!

OK, to be fair, we don't stock hot food on our flights. Oh wait, I'm sure there is a provision where if on a mint flight we get fed. Yes, I am sure of it. Just let me look...
Nope SNACK BOXES! On trans-cons!!!
I mean, name a single REGIONAL with language that bad.

Pairing Extensions.
If your flight is cancelled during an IROP, you must sit AIRPORT STANDBY.
Yup. And at the end of your 2-4 hour sit, before you can leave, you must make positive contact with CS. During an IROP.

Positive contact with Crew Services, during an IROP, before you can leave. Let that sink in.

Retirement.
Most airlines give the company plan to retirees until 65. I still have no idea what we have, but the fact that it isn't "blue plan until 65" tells me its a concession and probably sucks.

Pay
Do I even need to go there?

This TA is a turd sandwich. If we vote yes to it there is literally no hope for us.

Last edited by PasserOGas; 06-26-2018 at 09:14 AM.