View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
You’re right- scope is above average .
You’ve heard of Envoy Pinnacle and SkyWest? They fly planes with AA/DAL and UAL painted on the tail. Won’t happen here.
I know you either don’t want to see it or don’t understand them, but where in section 25/pairing construction do you see anything less than Standard? Point out the above standard stuff too- just to keep you honest.
Pay could be higher, I agree.
Now address Scope and Work rules directly and then we’ll move to health care and profit sharing- where I’m sure you’ll be delighted to point out shortcomings.
First of all, that's not entirely true. We can "codeshare" with an RJ operator or even a domestic narrowbody operator (Hawaiian out of LGB).

Have you heard of Air Lingus, TAP Portugal, Iceland Air, Air France, Air Brussles, Iberia, British Airways? All operate to destinations within the range of A321LRs, but who needs THAT scope?

We may not have any protections for our potential high paying positions! But at least those scary RJs are semi-protected to secure our lowest paying positions!

Let's see, pilots for regional airlines are becoming more rare than an on-time BlueJet flight, but how about our hubs?

RJs to replace our E190s at:

JFK- WHAT FOXTROT SLOTS?

BOS- WHAT FOXTROT GATES?

WEST COAST- WHAT FOXTROT GATES?

MCO- WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT, YOU FOXTROT SERIOUR CLARK?

FLL- ARE YOU FOXTROT KIDDING ME?