View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
Im actually disappointed in you BD,
You do not understand this section, and believe me, it took a few phone calls for me to have a better grasp also, so I wouldnt expect any of us to be experts.
Codesharing can actually lead to growth and that example I gave is a prime reason. You wanna talk JAX-HNL?
Let me know.
Bottom line is that any codeshare that B6 could fly itself, either now or in the future, it will and it will be on our metal- Thats just dollars and cents.
Study up- Call a rep- Talk to a legacy rep too.
You're reacting without the benefit of all the info.
Keep reading and asking, and Ill do the same.
Peace
Codesharing has at least two aspects. On the one hand codesharing customers into our network from a destination we *cannot* reach does improve load factor on our existing network and lead to new cities (DTW). Never disputed that. Didn't engage you on that point, intentionally. Doesn't mean I don't understand it Bozo.

The other side of the coin is codesharing to destinations we CAN reach (HNL & KEF *NOW* and soon to be Gatwick, Charles de Gaulle, Shannon, Dublin, Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, Madrid etc...) but choose not to because of the investment and risk. We have instead elected to codeshare and take our "pennies on the dollar" up until now because it's low risk revenue.

Will that change, maybe. Been hearing Europe just a few years away since I got here.

Now I suggest you not insult my understanding of this industry again, as it's idiotic and should be beneath your debate skills.