View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 12:25 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
Absolutely, but it can lead to growth of more routes, which was my main point.
Now, please, point out the Scope areas that you dont like or better yet, feel vulnerable about. Thats not a challenge Navy- I just want to hear specific reasons.
I read this section and think it eliminates the biggest threat to us (RJs etc)and limits the codeshares.
Why am I wrong?
Our codesharing is essentially unlimited in this TA both internationally and domestically. Got it...no CPAs. Great. Most of the scope section is good. The JV section is pretty good. And some codesharing helps fill our flights. Especially the international stuff with pax connecting on us. So I’m good with that, although I’d like to see limitations on it relating to our gaining the ability to fly the same routes prompting an end, or big limit to codeshares along the same routes.

As for domestic codeshares, unlimited codesharing could put our pax anywhere in say Alaska’s network, on a SkyWest RJ, under a domestic codeshare. Or on a Moxy flight. I’d rather operate like southwest with no codeshares domestically where we can fly them ourselves, or like the jetblue we’ve known for 18 years...the only codeshares we really have domestically are routes we can’t fly (piston Cape flights and JFK-HNL/LGB-HNL). Regardless of the revenue difference, unlimited codeshares disincentivizes organic growth. If you were management, why grow into a city if you can codeshare into it instead? Especially places like the west coast where our access is limited. If we just codeshare into a secondary west coast market, there’d be no real reason to try and actually grow there. From a business standpoint it’s great. When the downturn hits, our exposure is a lot lower. Our upfront capital outlay is a lot lower. Our cost on the route is a lot lower. And it still can add people to our network for basically no cost to us. From a pilot standpoint, I see it as a limiter to our organic growth...especially for a company that is as cheap as JetBlue when it comes to costs. I’m just a dumb pilot though. Maybe I’m wrong. I still haven’t heard how, though.