View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:17 AM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Desert Sky View Post
I can't help to think that Allegiant Air will be spun-off/sold from Allegiant Travel Company and be used to start this Moxy venture. Allegiant Air is virtually the same biz plan and is turn-key.
Same business plan? How so? Unlike G4, Moxie is planning DAILY service to smaller airports between big cities. Likely to target more of a mix of business class and leisure then Allegiant, who's entire business plan is focused on leisure travel, with profits largely dependent on ancillary sales (hotel rooms, shows, rental cars,...Elvis glasses).

Turn key? So, get rid of the 60 orders for new C series, (like Neeleman did with JetBlue) probably at give-away introductory leases,...and use (mostly) old Allegiant airbii?

Then take on burdensome, inflexible, costly labor contracts, thus negating the few advantages of a new startup? Finally, the $100M he's hoping to raise wont put a dent in G4's market cap of $2.2B.

I don't see it, but hey, I'm just a pilot. That said, if I had a dime for every merger envisioned by a pilot…

Last edited by dawgdriver; 06-29-2018 at 09:01 AM.