View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:07 PM
Busdriver91
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Thanks for all the replies it’s much appreciated. Are there lots of chances for off day pay? Say at least 2 or even 4 a month? Unlimited? Would like to work hard for awhile to stash some cash for more investments I have going on. Are they still paying PICs $850 per off day attached to an 8 day rotation?
Also there seems to be a stigma that guys at Wheels work harder than most but watching tails on flightaware it seems like most days are 2-4 legs with like 10 hrs of duty. And the occasional 5 or 6 leg day once a rotation maybe. I know it’s been discussed but is it really that bad?
Also do you guys ever get a/c carts or do you just tolerate the heat? Currently on a jet with great ground air so I’m a bit spoiled.
Dont get us started on tolerating the heat. No, we don’t get ground a/c carts. We get used to putting cockpit window shades up and making sure the passenger windows are fully polarized to block some sun. Oh we can turn the blowers on to circulate the 120 degree air also.
I was told before I came here that most everything is good (pay, health insurance, hotels, etc) but the downside is that you will work your butt off some days.
If you want overtime, you will get it but only starting a tour early or have one end late. Unlikely they will award a couple of days overtime in the middle of your off days due to the airlines costs.