View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 PM
EMAW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
Thanks for all the replies it’s much appreciated. Are there lots of chances for off day pay? Say at least 2 or even 4 a month? Unlimited? Would like to work hard for awhile to stash some cash for more investments I have going on. Are they still paying PICs $850 per off day attached to an 8 day rotation?
Also there seems to be a stigma that guys at Wheels work harder than most but watching tails on flightaware it seems like most days are 2-4 legs with like 10 hrs of duty. And the occasional 5 or 6 leg day once a rotation maybe. I know it’s been discussed but is it really that bad?
Also do you guys ever get a/c carts or do you just tolerate the heat? Currently on a jet with great ground air so I’m a bit spoiled.
We are very busy2-4 legs stacks up with the variety of places we go and 5-6 will just flat wear you out. Throw weather in and it's a wonder we don't have more fatigue calls. Plus there's a possibility of switching duty from early to late or vice versa during a tour. You can't tell how much duty time we have by looking at flight aware. I've done 1-2 legs before and had a 14 hr duty day, they'll have you sit around as backup at least for a little while. If the schedule's light and you have no flights you will still be scheduled for some type of duty.
If there is a ground air cart available, we can use it. But it's not very feasible, or effective when I've used it.