Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by brooklynboys View Post
Thanks for the response!
At the end of the day, ....
Interms, pay, incentives, bonuses, are keys decesions to make !
Any thoughts on OX jets or Netjets...
NetJets:

Good things:

1. standard 7 on 7 off schedule if you want it. Can plan events months ahead of time. Want more $$$? Shouldn't be any problem holding a Crew Choice (CC) schedule. Either average 18 or 19 days per month, can be flexed +- 2 days as long as the 4 month bid period averages 18 (CC72) or 19 (CC76). Find out your schedule by the 15th of the month prior.

2. Insurance. Absolutely fantastic medical insurance at NO cost to you. No deductibles, copays run $20 for an office visit, $150 for ER visit and/or hospital admission. MRI's, X-Rays, etc. have no copay.
Dental and Vision insurance are OK, fairly average.

3. Strong Union on the property. Good protection from management shenanigans. No questions asked fatigue policy. No one has ever been fired for calling in fatigued, not even probationary pilots. Also have good protection from MX pushback.

4. Crewfood (some would list this under bad things!) 7 items per meal to choose from, plus regional items. Food is a no show? If you need to set the parking brake and go eat. (try that at FlexJet/Flight Options with no union).

5. The flying. 14 years and it was still rare for me to NOT see a new airport on a tour. Fly into some very interesting and challenging places.

6. Airline miles and hotel points. You'll get enough of both to take the family to Hawaii once a year for a week. I haven't paid $$$ for a hotel room in over a decade.

Bad things:

1. You'll work. A lot. But not much different from other Fractionals. Rarely will you see less than 12 hour duty days. 14 hours is max, and that includes 30 minutes to put the jet to bed. Overtime over 12 hours of duty. 10 hours min rest, will be longer if the hotel is not local in nature or if you have transportation delays.

2. Very long upgrade time to Captain. Currently at 12-13 years but should be trending downward. Don't count on less than 10 years thou. Not a good place to build PIC time because we have a 2 to 1 ratio of PIC's to SIC's. Junior PIC's frequently fly right seat.

That's all I can think of right now. Remember, NetJets is as interested in your customer service skills as they are your flying ability. You'll be asked if you're OK with pax smoking on flights. Say you are OK with it. In reality I can count with one hand how many smokers I had in 14 years.