Thread: SKYW Stock
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by WAVIT Inbound View Post
This was pinnacle trying to put themselves in a better position to get the flying but it had not been awarded to them. It is out for bid to SkyWest and Pinnacle however. It should be interesting. Either could do this flying or the bids could come back to Southwest and they decide not to farm the flying out to either. They are testing the regional waters however.
not sure about that. Spending 100 million dollars for 6 gates to try and get flying they didn't have?? our management may not be union smart or people friendly, but i don't think they are crazy. actually our management is very business savvy. they have managed to secure 2 10 year agreements with delta and northwest. they also have agreements with continental, united, and usairways on the colgan side with future expansion planned. the thing at love field would have been all us, because i know nwa wouldn't have a hand in us flying into love field. i personally think the entire idea that southwest would have a regional is a little far fetched. wilder things have happened i guess. skywest is definantly in a better position to win the flying if there really is a pinnacle/skywest bid out there. we just don't have the people and southwest more than likely knows it. what will matter is if they care that we are short staffed. obviously delta and nwa dont mind.