View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Connor22
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default 1500 hour options

Hello, my name is Connor and I have just started my flight training about a month ago (that being said I don’t know too much so forgive any of my uninformed questions and please respond simply). Skywest is paying for part of my training so when I am done training and complete my 1500 hours I will work for them for a year then work for Delta after that. My question is...is there any opportunity to work for a European tourist charter or for a regional European airline to get my 1500 hours? My wife and I had planned before we had kids to move to Europe for about a year for a great experience before both of our careers launch. Is there any way this is possible or would I need to have been trained in Europe to fly there for a year? This is the main goal and I’m interested in learning about any way this could be possible. I guess if I can’t get a job flying there for a year to get my 1500 hours, would it be possible to transfer to a Delta base in Europe once I work for Delta and live there for a year or would that not be possible for a Delta newby? Is there any way my wife and I can make this dream happen with my flight goals in mind? Is ther any time in my training or career that this would be feasible? Perferably as soon as possible/early on in my training/career? Please let me know what you think as this has been a plan me and my wife have had for a while now. Thanks.

Hello, my name is Connor and I have just started my flight training about a month ago (that being said I don’t know too much so forgive any of my uninformed questions and please respond simply). Skywest is paying for part of my training so when I am done training and complete my 1500 hours I will work for them for a year then work for Delta after that. My question is...is there any opportunity to work for a European tourist charter or for a regional European airline to get my 1500 hours? My wife and I had planned before we had kids to move to Europe for about a year for a great experience before both of our careers launch. Is there any way this is possible or would I need to have been trained in Europe to fly there for a year? This is the main goal and I’m interested in learning about any way this could be possible. I guess if I can’t get a job flying there for a year to get my 1500 hours, would it be possible to transfer to a Delta base in Europe once I work for Delta and live there for a year or would that not be possible for a Delta newby? Is there any way my wife and I can make this dream happen with my flight goals in mind? Is ther any time in my training or career that this would be feasible? Perferably as soon as possible/early on in my training/career? Please let me know what you think as this has been a plan me and my wife have had for a while now. Thanks.

Last edited by vagabond; 07-05-2018 at 05:55 PM.