View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 09:15 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by DirtyPurple View Post
Happy to do an online survey. Will continue to participate to the max extent I can. Here’s my write in response in the online survey.
————-
Each added correspondence from the union only adds to my misunderstanding of this complex VBP. As a 3X year old, I absolutely understand the concept that compound interest will serve me better than the A-plan from 1997. But since the various union commiunications (of which, I’ve read ALL of them, spent hours with the modeler) continue to befuddle me, I will not be voting away the A-plan when that time comes. I would however, vote for an A & B plan increase from the company.

In addition, I take with a shaker of salt any high-5 complete pilot with 25 YOS who tells me to vote yes to the VBP. Nothing against these individuals, I’d do the same thing. But their vote is basically to increase and already good deal, and that have no bearing on the risk I would assume if I vote away my pension.

I’m not willing to take the risk of what I understand (so far) that the VBP provides. If the vote was today, I would vote against the VBP.
Well I have 25 and my high five and with the information presented by the union, I am not for this complex plan.

For one, I do not want to hose everyone behind me.

Secondly I am not so sure that the already earned benifit retirement money will not be put in the same pot of money for the un negotiated fund administrator to play with.

Third and biggest the Union simply has not ever negotiated anything the company has not found a way to circumvent!!!!!

I find it unbelievable that the union did not even run the numbers for a cash over cap b fund solution!