View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 12:02 PM
SilentLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO

Originally Posted by MedHawk View Post
Is anyone willing to share their experience of going to Envoy from another regional?

Was it worth it? how soon were you able to regain the QOL?

Has anyone completed the Near Entry Captain program? (500hrs + 121 Time)

My wife and I are struggling financially after a year in the regionals transitioning out of the military, and im wondering if giving up the seniority is worth the sign on bonus.

Thank you in advance.

To determine if the jump is “worth” the SOB depends on where you live. Will it be a 1 leg or 2 leg commute, how close are you to 950 hrs CA eligible part 121 time.

If the flow to AA in your back pocket is a goal & if your finances need a little bit of a quick boost Envoy is a good look if you have the CA upgrade time. $113K with SOB sounds very appealing but you will pay for in QOL and being on the bottom of CA seniority for a long time. PSA, and Piedmont may have better QOL if you live closer to their bases, you can earn a lot by flying Premium/OT at Piedmont and PSA.

Good luck to you, I pray the financial situation u mentioned improves. Many are offering large SOB in the industry today make sure that regional aligns with your goals.

Get a paper draw a line down the middle, pros on one side cons on the other side. Select the regional with the most pros that align with your goals.