View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by AFTrainerGuy View Post
Honest answer.... probably very close to 0% (never say never). Multiple threads have discussed the percentages of new hires who are non-military, non flow through. The percentage of classes made up outside these two demographics is very low. Combine that with your very low ME experience and I just don’t see it

Who knows what future holds, but I’d say your best thing you can do is get hired at the WO if you really want a job at AA. I believe the pay has really come up in the last few years and with bonuses, you might be able to afford it now. I really don’t know, but I’m willing to bet there are multiple threads under Envoy, PSA, and Piedmont that discuss current pay expectations and QOL so you can think about it.

Good luck

Yeah, what he said. You need ME crew jet PIC, preferably 121, and lots of it to be on their radar. Buddy of mine just got hired, non-flow, with probably 5K TT, maybe 2K 121 TPIC, but he had friends at AA who mentored and recommended him.

For clarity, the ONLY competitive SE turbine time for top-tier majors is in a military tactical jet.

Presumably there's enough demand in 91/135 that you could get into something bigger? >50K MGTOW would be good too, at least some airlines apps are also scored for aircraft size, ie bigger = better.