View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 02:19 PM
bourbon scamp
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

If your hours still permit you to sign up as a pipeline instructor at Envoy (question for recruiting), you will be at the top of the list for equip and base when you hit 1500 hrs. I think Coast is near you. From what I can tell we are going to be hiring a lot into the 175 into early 2019 as we have orders for a lot of them and even if you get ORD getting to DFW won’t be hard. Probably within 6-9 months. We do have direct AUS-ORD flights by the way. Upgrade times are insanely short right now, soon as you hit 121 mins. Problem there is LGA is a likely destination but if you figure out how to pace yourself (don’t ***** yourself out for hours) you may be senior enough when the time comes for decent seniority at a better base.
Most guys on the 145 have been getting back to DFW in less than 9 months. How long you’ll be on reserve depends but for most guys these days it’s less than 6 months on the FO side. Those who know more than me can feel free to chime in and correct.
As far as the flow vs hire off the street goes... getting an interview off the street is incredibly difficult at all the majors unless you are military or check a bunch of boxes at HR. Think minority, volunteering, check airman, etc. Bachelors or not. Look at this poor schlub trying to get in over at AA

What am I doing wrong?

Current new hires at United are averaging 6000hrs TT and 2500 PIC turbine. Now as the retirement rate ramps up in the coming years the bar will get lower but getting in somewhere with a flow or guaranteed interview is a huge bonus.

Just my $0.02. Spend them wisely.