Sluggo_63 , 07-16-2018 11:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2005
Quote: Ok. Lighten up a little.
My point still stands. Someone flying mil heavies could start out on day one with a little better record keeping and avoid having to guess in the first place.
It's all good, brother.

I really think it's a case of you don't know what you don't know. When I started as an aircraft commander, there was no one to "mentor" me on the importance of how to log my time or even to keep my own logbooks (I did, because I started as a civilian guy, but still...). By the time one realizes the importance of logging FAA PIC/A-code flying time rather than AF Primary/Secondary, it's usually too late and near impossible to go back and recreate without having all the flight orders to see when you held the A-code.
Quote: It is possible to shut down the engines, secure the jet and walk away knowing if you were the PIC signing for the jet or not.....correct?
No. typically not. But to go back 10 years and try to think if there was an IP on that flight that might have held the A-code instead of you, or if you flew with another AC who might have been the PIC is tough. The ARMS printouts don't show that, and if that's all you have when you are submitting your applications, you have no idea how much of your time as an AC was PIC. 100% is not right, because there are times when you might not have been. 80% is probably very conservative, which is why people use that multiplier. 90% is probably close to accurate from what I've seen after I started paying attention to that.